Typical hoarded items include newspapers, magazines, paper and plastic bags, cardboard boxes, photographs, household supplies, food, and clothing. Hoarding can eventually lead to issues with health and safety, not to mention anger, resentment, and depression among family members. A lack of functional living space is common among hoarders. They often live with broken appliances and without heat or other necessary comforts.
Our trained experts know how to deal with fire hazards, chemical hazards, blocked walkways, risks from falling piles of items, structural damage to the home , and unsanitary conditions from molds, bacteria, dust, dirt, animals and bug infestation.
We understand that the possessions in your home aren’t junk or trash and have meaning to you. After we meet with you, we put a plan in place before we start so that your needs and emotions are considered to get your home into a livable condition.
It's About Respect
Privacy is important in the cleaning process, and our goal is to transform your living condition into a respectful living space that you can be proud of. We have the processes to prevent others from ever knowing you had an issue in the first place. Best of all, you won’t see the word “junk” or “hoarder” on any of our vehicles in front of your house.
It is important to note that we do not provide psychological treatment as part of our service.
Our respectful and trained staff help you by:
- Separating and returning valuables
- Recycling appliances and electronics
- Removing furniture and mattresses
- Removing trash, hazard waste, yard waste and construction waste
- Providing resources for estate sales
- Identifying and transporting items for donation
- Deep cleaning health-related risk areas
Who you choose to help you when you have a hoarder situation is extremely important.
There are often health, safety and legal issues involved in the cleanup process. And, when a legal order for cleanup becomes part of the process, time becomes a major issue.
Working with the professionals at Hands On Services provides you with the following benefits:
- Experience – We have years of experience cleaning out and repairing hoarder houses.
- Company Insured – We carry all of the appropriate insurances to give you the peace of mind that we will do your job the right.
- Family-Owned – We are committed and dedicated to our common goal of providing you with the best service possible.
Cleaning a hoarder house is different than other house cleaning services. Often there are health and safety issues involved.Our staff has years of experience handling these situations. There are several crucial steps we take before cleaning a hoarder’s home in order to achieve a favorable outcome.
- We assess the situation first.
We determine safety issues, as well as the equipment, supplies and staff needed.
- We form a cleaning strategy
We plan how the project will be approached when the work will be done and who will do it.
- We arrange for equipment and supplies
Trucks, dumpsters, cleaning supplies and other contractors will be arranged.
- We implement the cleaning strategy
We get the work done.
- We clean and restore the home
We clean and do any repairs necessary to make the home safe and livable.
We carry all of the appropriate business insurances. This gives us the incentive to make sure we get your job done right.
Since we also help you coordinate any repair work that needs to be done, we always make sure that any specialty contractors (electricians, plumbers, etc.) we bring in have the appropriate insurances as well.
This provides you with:
- Job Done Right
We are motivated to get your job done right the first time with no damage.
- Qualified Professionals
Our staff and contract partners are trained and qualified.
- Peace of Mind
You can count on us to be there for you when you need your job done right.
This means the following advantages for you:
- Company Stability
We will continue to be here when you need us.
- Familiar Contacts
You will enjoy the familiarity of having the same people serving you.
We are accountable to you, your project and our family.
We all wear multiple hats and are flexible in getting your job done right and on time.
You can trust that our business is based on family values.
We have the experience of how family dynamics work and apply those to your needs.
Many Of Our Customers Have Struggled With Hoarding Problems
That is why we have created an ebook to help you navigate through the process of helping a hoarder.
This ebook will help:
- Understand The 5 Stages Of Hoarding
- Determine When To Step In
- Determine Which Level Of Hoarding They Are In
- Provide You With An Action Plan For Each Hoarder Stage
- Provide Additional Assistance Options